Search Widget Tanks a Lot

For some reason the search widget is a bit flaky, working intermittently.  It appears to be a blogger bug with some, but not all, blogs.  It worked on the old blog, but even lifting its code and plopping it onto my page doesn't work. Quite a number of bloggers have complained in the help forum, and I added my own 2 cents as well.

It's still up because I read somewhere that it might fix itself if left alone for a few days.  I'm a little hesitant, since a new potential viewer might try to use it and fail miserably, never coming back.  On the other hand, there are 5 fingers it doesn't cost anything to leave it, so I'll leave it.  But to hedge my bets, I temporarily upped the number of posts that show to the max.   Maybe it will make it easier for the search widget to ... you know ... actually search.

If the widget doesn't start to spontaneously work again in by Wednesday or so, it gets yanked and the number of posts that display will be reset back to 7.

Comments