Chicken Nachos - Easy














I had pulled some frozen leftover soup chicken  out of the freezer the "other day" (translation:  I forgot which day) without thinking about what I would do with it.  Since it had been completely defrosted since this past weekend, I thought it would be nice to, I dunno, actually make dinner around it.  As if by wizardry, a tortilla chip commercial suddenly appeared on TV.

I thought ... what a great idea ... hamburgers!

No, I really decided upon chicken nachos.  Of course I only had whole wheat tortillas in the pantry.  And enchilada sauce.  But did that stop me?  Nope, nope, nope!  I made nachos anyway.  A simple nuking of frozen corn and dinner was ready in a snap.


















Don't fear the amount of chile powder.  Or green chiles.  Both are heavy on flavor yet light on heat.  Even if ketchup makes you reach for the water pitcher, you won't be bothered by the quantities involved.   Just don't toss on jalapeños.   Those are reserved for my serving.  If I had any to toss on.

Chicken Nachos - Easy
Yiel:d:  4-6 servings

1 (10-12 oz) bag tortilla chips (or 8 soft tortillas, baked into chips)
4 cooked chicken breasts (or leftover soup chicken), shredded
1/2 Tbl. Mexican chile powder
1/2 Tbl. ground cumin
1/2 Tbl. garlic powder
1 (4 oz.) can chopped green chiles
1 (10 oz.) can red enchilada sauce (or 1 1/2 cups salsa)
sliced olives (optional)
sliced jalapeños (optional

Tear open a bag of tortilla chips. Or follow the link above to see a recipe for making your own.

Guess which one I did?















Either way, divide the chips onto dinner plates and set aside. 














Place the shredded chicken into a large bowl.  Add the chile powder, cumin, garlic powder and green chiles. 

Salsa would be more chunky than this.


















Pour in enchilada sauce, then gently mix until well combined.  Cover loosely and cook in microwave on 80% power for 5 minutes, or until mixture is nicely heated.

My serving.  I'm the only one who likes olives on nachos. 
And jalapeño.  If I had any.


















Spoon over prepared chips.  Optionally add olives and/or jalapeños.  Serve immediately.

Comments